December 06, 2021

A Good Girls Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson


Pip knew where they lived. Everyone in Little Kilton knew where they lived.

Andie Bell, of Little Kilton, was murdered by her boyfriend Sal Singh 5 years ago. The evidence was ironclad, it was an open and shut case as far as the police were concerned, so why, when Pippa Fitz-Amobi chooses the closed case for a project for school, do little pieces of evidence show up here and there suggesting otherwise?

Bringing the case back to the forefront of everyone's minds for her EPQ, Pippa starts gathering all of her information. A condition - which Pip decidedly ignores - is to not talk to the families involved in the case, however it's Pip's starting point as she heads up the path to the Singh's family home. 

The one thing I love about this book is how Pip just goes after what she wants, she's such a bad ass and I'm here for it, she's determined to find out the truth about the closed case that she believes isn't actually closed at all. As Pip starts uncovering more secrets, she realises that Little Kilton might be hiding more than she bargained for. Working with none other than the convicted murderer's brother: Ravi Singh, Pip throws herself into a dangerous game that someone in her town is desperately trying to keep her from winning, but when it comes to Pip, she's not a quitter and she wants to win this game. 

Holly Jackson knows how to write an addictive murder mystery with A Good Girls Guide to Murder. I was hooked from the very beginning and I didn't want to put it down, in fact, I might have growled at anyone who tried to interrupt me and stop me finding out what the hell was going on in this storyline. I'd proudly like to announce that I did figure out part of the story, only partly, damn Holly Jackson for writing such a good mystery that I couldn't completely figure it out. I absolutely loved the plot, the descriptive writing, just everything about this book, especially Pip and Ravi, I'm all aboard that ship. Roll on Good Girl, Bad Blood
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig